Good morning, guys. Here is the guidelines for you to look at the main aspects that you have to consider to write your first pargraph of this semester. Since we did not have classes today, we are going to check the paragraphs in class. So bring them on Wednesday already printed in order to work with them. Here comes the general instructions for you to inform yourselves before sitting down to write it (please follow the order given):
- Watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzKqujmdGk and pay close attention to it. Do the practice mentioned by the speaker at the end of the video.
- Read the following document Prewriting Strategies
- After reading and analyzing the document from point 2, then come to this one Paragraph’s Outline and start filling it with the information that you will include in the paragraph.
- After doing point 3, write the paragraph. It must be from 8 to 12 sentences at least. Remember to use the outline as direct refrence to the order of the ideas that you will develop. If you need to remember the type of sentences that can be used to do the pargraph watch this videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANV1Oe6bN3E https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTFP186r_pM (just consider the three first types of sentences mentioned which are the most basic and the most basic ones)
- Print the Evaluation Chart Paragraph Rubric
Then for this coming Wednesday what you have to bring is the following:
- Pre-writing strategy you have done to make your ideas flow.
- The outline of the Pargraph.
- The Paragraph (print it by using arial or times new roman; size:12 and half spaced or doublespaced for the professor to have enough space to check it). If you have no chance to print it then it can be done by using clear handwritten traces, but remember that it must be half or double spaced.
- The Evaluation Chart(print it for the professor to check the paragraph)